Sunday, 10 March 2013

The Value of Things

Recently I photographed a project, for my university photography class, aimed at describing myself. I had been inspired by Dianne Bos's La Porte" New Images From an Old World exhibition. I was really questioning the value of objects and the futility of attaching sentiments to them. So I tried to describe myself through a scene cluttered with stuff that I had sentiment attached to and that described me as a person. I wanted to gauge a response to my shot without the background info of what each object really represented to me. If you want to check out more pictures you can check out the full exhibition at The University Of Calgary from 8:30-4:30 till this friday. 


Cardigan By Hugo Boss HUGO, Shirt Custom from Lahore, Pants Hugo Boss, Ring Borrowed