Monday, 18 June 2012

Lusting for Red Soles

"Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally" - Christian Louboutin
I am yet another man lusting after these Christian Louboutin's Rollerboys! Anybody sporting these red-soled masterpieces no doubt has immense swag, being spotted on celeb's (from Rihanna to Kanye West), designers, and fashion icons. I have been all over these for years trying to rationalize the four digit price tag. Considering my obsession, I should probably just drop the CAD $1300-1800 in order to be the proud owner of these fiery soled gem's. Though the realization that these total to almost a year's worth of tuition or two paycheques seem to hold me back.
But what makes these shoes so appealing. Is it the red soles? That Louboutin claims his copyright, said to have come to Louboutin when seeing a intern applying red Chanel nail polish before a show. Or is it the impeccable craftsmanship? Whatever it is these Louboutin's make men and woman alike weak at the knee's. Though when asked why these very costly shoes do not provide extraneous comfort to the wearer Monsieur Louboutin has replied saying things such as his shoes are made for looks not comfort. But this makes perfect sense because when I see a pair of Louboutin's I think about how beautiful they are not "wow those look so comfy, like a pair of wool slippers!" Being fashionable and swag requires some pain and sacrifices, you can't have looks, craftsmanship, and extraneous comfort in a shoe. And Louboutin says it all in the following statement "Don't reject a shoe because you can't run in it. It's OK not to run. You see more."
P.S. I'm back from my self-imposed hiatus from my blog! Sorry so much its been almost a month, I won't make any excuses but it'll never happen again!